Environmental compliance and regulatory (waste, water, recycling)
Environmental compliance with stricter European and national regulations are posing greater challenges for public bodies, companies and third sector organisations alike.
Our technical and regulatory expertise, together with our commercial awareness enable us to provide clients with pragmatic, cost effective legal solutions to assist clients meet environmental and sustainability challenges.
Key services and issues
- Waste Management transport and disposal, WEEE Regulations, Construction waste, clinical waste, reduction of waste
- Pollution- atmospheric, water or ground- remediation obligations
- Radioactive materials
- Civil investigations
- Criminal prosecutions
- BREEAM standards
For client confidentiality reasons we cannot give you specific case examples. Please see below for general examples of our work:
- We have advised and supported clients during investigations for waste management issues including interviews under caution resulting in no prosecution, and on similar regulatory action relating to the loss of a radioactive source
- We regularly advise on environmental liabilities arising during development works
- Our regulatory lawyers assist with interpretation of environmental regulations and guidance
- We provide training on duties of care arising under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and relevant guidance
- We provide representation in the event of prosecution