- Charities & Social Enterprise
- 0191 230 6052
Helping your academy maximise its assets
It is only a few years since the Academies Act 2010 came into force. A lot has changed since then. Academies are no longer simply a vehicle for securing involvement from businesses and other bodies. Academies are fast becoming the norm – converter academies and sponsored academies. As the educational landscape changes, it is important that your academy maximises its assets and partnerships to achieve its full potential.
We recognise that all academies and academy sponsor needs a number of specialist core education services as well as broad range of wider commercial services.
Whether you are a single academy looking to explore multi-academy options or an existing MAT in need of legal support, we would be happy to help.
What we do
We provide specialist legal services to academies and their sponsors in the following areas:
- Academy and MAT conversions
- Admissions and admission appeals
- Behaviour and exclusions
- Charity law and exempt charity status
- Ofsted inspections
- Parental complaints
- Safeguarding and child protection
- School collaborations
- Sponsorship of academies, free schools, studio schools and university technical colleges (UTCs)
- Terms and conditions of employment
- Umbrella trusts
In addition, we have specialist expertise in other areas of law:
- Harrogate, Newcastle
- Procurement, Corporate, Commercial
- 0191 230 6046