- Commercial; Charities & Social Enterprise; Practitioners
- 020 7484 7530
Helping your academy grow and develop
As the educational landscape changes, it is important that your academy maximises its assets and partnerships to achieve its full potential. We can assist you with our expert knowledge of Academy transfers and conversions.
We recognise that all multi-academy trusts need a number of specialist core education services as well as a broad range of wider commercial services.
Whether you are a single academy looking to explore multi-academy options or an existing MAT in need of legal support, we would be happy to help.
What we do
We provide specialist legal services to academies and their sponsors in the following areas:
- Academy and MAT conversions
- Admissions and admission appeals
- Behaviour and exclusions
- Charity law and exempt charity status
- Ofsted inspections
- Parental complaints
- Safeguarding and child protection
- School collaborations
- Sponsorship of academies, free schools, studio schools and university technical colleges (UTCs)
- Terms and conditions of employment
- Umbrella trusts
In addition, we have specialist expertise in other areas of law:
- Charities and Social Enterprise
- 01423 724035
- Harrogate, Newcastle
- Procurement, Corporate, Commercial
- 0191 230 6046
We are committed to the education sector and understand the challenges and opportunities it faces in this time of change. Whether you are considering academy conversion, transferring to a multi academy trust or expanding your mult academy trust, Hempsons are able to guide you through the process and beyond.
Helen Hirst shares her experience of advising academies on governance matters by providing her top ten questions for academy trusts to consider when reviewing their Articles.