- 01423 724012 (mobile 07775 925078)
What Ross can do for you
Ross is a partner and head of our corporate team and, as such, he advises on a wide range of corporate and corporate finance transactions, predominately in the health and social care sectors.
His main focus at present is on GP’s and dentists.
For GP’s, Ross is helping clinical commissioning groups on the key issues they face in moving towards authorisation under the Health and Social Care Act. Ross is also assisting GP’s as providers, particularly on the formation of provider vehicles, joint ventures with private sector organisations and practice acquisitions and mergers.
For dentists, Ross specialises in the sale, purchase and incorporation of dental and orthodontic practices, knows the underlying GDS and PDS regulations that are instrumental in structuring a sale or purchase of an NHS dental or orthodontic practice, has devised an innovative structure for the transfer of GDS contracts and deals with the CQC requirements and guidance in relation to practice sales.
Main areas of expertise
- Clinical commissioning groups and the Health and Social Care Act
- GP federations
- Sale and purchase of dental practices and dental body corporates
- Joint ventures between public and private organisations
- Corporate finance (all aspects of loan and facility agreements and associated security documentation)
- Corporate governance including, in particular, directors’ duties
- Director and board disputes
The clients he works with
- GPs, clinical commissioning groups (including Pathfinders) and GP federations
- Dentists, orthodontists and dental consolidators
- NHS foundation trusts
- Private sector companies and organisations (national and international) involved in healthcare
GMS Contract Negotiations 2018/19 - what you need to know The outcome of the latest round of the GMS Contract negotiations for 2018/19 between NHS Employers and the General Practitioners Committee was published by NHS England recently (Gateway Reference 07813).
Welcome to this latest edition of Hempsons’ healthcare newsbrief. Healthcare policy is always a challenging area to write about and this year the election, with its uncertain result, has made it even more so.
“Our aim is to use the next several years to make the biggest national move to integrated care of any major western country” (NHS England, 2017)
Welcome to the Spring/Summer issue of Hempsons’ Practitioners Newsbrief. Our latest publication features articles ranging from the Five Year Forward View - next steps for primary care, GP Practice Mergers, to Lease overheads in GP Practices and reducing service charge liabilities.
It's been reported in Pulse that GP federations will not count as primary care networks 'in most cases’ and that “Practices will have just a couple of months to join new primary care networks if they are to qualify for a significant amount of funding being invested in the organisations by NHS England" - all part of the new five-year framework for GP contract reform to implement The NHS Long Term Plan.
“Problem-solver...who possesses superb knowledge of NHS systems.”
“Amazing problem solver.”