- Private Client
- 020 7484 7603
A diverse range of legal services and advice for private clients
We offer a wide range of legal services and legal advice for private clients providing an individual service in a clear and cost efficient manner. The private client legal services team recognises the need to build lasting personal relationships with our clients and their families in order to give both sympathetic and practical advice.
Headed by private client partner Fiona Wilson, herself a qualified member of the prestigious Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and a Committee Member of the London Central Branch of STEP and Chair of its Charities Special Interest Group, our reputation rests on the dedicated, specialist legal advice and service provided.
We have a long-standing reputation for advising professional practitioners and this unique understanding together with our expertise enables us to provide effective and sensitive advice on a wide range of personal and financial issues with the ability to draw upon a full range of other specialisms ranging from property and employment advice to the setting up of charities.
We act for professionals from all areas including the healthcare sector, law firms, accountants, the Bar and financial institutions. Fiona Wilson is also recognised for her work in the legacy field as part of the firm’s Charities and Social Enterprise team and acts for a large number of national charities including Arthritis Research UK and NSPCC.
Our dedicated private client team provides comprehensive personal legal advice and services to all our private clients, a large number of whom have remained with the firm for many years. This is reflected by frequent referrals from existing clients.
Key services and issues
- Wills and tax planning
- Probate administration
- Contested estates
- Financial and welfare arrangements
- We regularly advise our private clients in relation to their wills and estate tax planning including the use of trusts if appropriate and offer practical advice tailored to their particular needs.
- We provide a sensitive approach to those requiring Lasting Powers of Attorney and offer full guidance and support where necessary to attorneys where appropriate.
- We advise the families of general medical practitioners in relation to the administration of estates ensuring medical insurance cover is maintained and liaising with our professional partnership team when necessary in relation to any partnership deed or surgery premises issues.
- We work with both small and large charities, including NHS charities, in relation to a range of legacy issues such as liaising with professional or lay executors where required, advising on estate taxation and accounting issues and giving pragmatic advice to resolve disputes in a sensitive manner.