Broad-ranging residential real estate advice
We act for residential developers, private and institutional landlords and housing associations and deal with every aspect of the provision of houses from site acquisitions and development to the sales of units and the management of communities. A key element is the provision of affordable and social housing and we have developed an alternative affordable tenure (readily accepted in the mortgage market) that avoids the problems for tenants and their funders associated with the traditional shared equity model.
Key services and issues with housing
- Advice on the operation of statutorily compliant service charges
- Affordable house leases
- Avoiding rights of first refusal and advising when they arise
- Dealing with anti-social behaviour
- Dealing with defaulting tenants.
- Facilities management and life cycle agreements
- Leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions
- Leases of open market houses
- Leases to registered providers
- Setting up management companies