- Corporate Commercial
- 0191 230 6052
What Matt can do for you
Matt provides advice on a range of commercial issues with his expertise lying in intellectual property, data protection law and commercial contracting. He works with a range of clients including NHS England and the wider NHS, as well as private clients from early stage start-ups through to large multinational organisations. Matt specialises in the digital, technology and creative sectors having worked closely with these sectors throughout his legal career to date.
Matt is a key member of the Hempsons Digital team, helping to drive and enable new technologies and innovations for clients throughout the NHS and the wider health and social care sectors. He has worked closely with global accelerator programs and leading universities to deliver tailored advice to new and scaling businesses on a range of topics including data protection, intellectual property, commercial documentation and corporate structure. Matt also delivers regular advice clinics and training sessions nationwide to leading NHS bodies and innovation hubs on these topics.
Matt always takes a personal, hands on approach and is keen to learn and develop strong client relationships to ensure that the best possible service can be delivered to the clients of the firm.
Main areas of expertise
- Intellectual Property
- Data Protection
- Commercial Drafting
- Consumer Law and Contracting
- Company Law
The clients he works with
- NHS England and the wider NHS
- Early stage and growing businesses
- International commercial organisations
- Charities and Social Enterprises
Recent notable matters
- Advising NHS bodies on the purchase of multi-million pound new technologies and software to enable the set of up of digitised patient records (LHCR)
- Assisting an NHS body on the purchase and subsequent licensing of intellectual property from a multi-national PLC
- Assisting a group of NHS organisations by advising upon and preparing documentation for a large-scale personal data sharing project between multiple parties
- Drafting bespoke contracts for a private company entering into a technology development project with a multi-national PLC
- LLB Law with Criminology (2013)
- Legal Practice Course (2014)
- Professional Skills Course (2018)
An article by Matt Donnelly. Charities and social enterprises often promote the great work that they do by publishing content, but when doing so, could you be breaching another person’s rights of ownership?
Welcome to the latest edition of Hempsons' Dental Newsbrief.
Autumn/Winter 2019 edition of Hempsons’ Charities and Social Enterprise Newsbrief.
We all know the key role that your brand plays in building awareness of your practice with your patients, but how do you maximise and protect its value?