- Real estate
- 0191 230 6049
What David can do for you
David provides advice to both private and public sector clients on a full spectrum of property issues.
David’s experience includes advising clients on the granting/taking of commercial leases, including retail, commercial offices, industrial and healthcare premises.
David regularly advises on all aspects of leasehold/estate management including licences to assign, licences for alterations, agreements for lease (conditional on planning/landlord’s works/tenant’s works), licences to underlet, deeds of variation, rent deposit deeds and other arrangements.
In addition, David acts for clients on the entering into options and conditional sale agreements in respect of development sites.
David’s recent transactions include:
- Acting on the taking of an option over a large development site for proposed multi-use multi phased development on behalf of a care sector client;
- Dealing with day to day estate management for a private investor with a property portfolio in excess of £100 million;
- Advising a GP Practice on the entering into an agreement for lease and lease of newly developed healthcare premises.
Main areas of expertise
- Landlord and Tenant
- Commercial Property Acquisitions and Disposals
- Secure Lending
- Property Development
The clients he works with
- NHS Trusts
- Healthcare professionals (including GPs, dentists and pharmacists)
- Businesses and private individuals
- Property developers
Taking time to properly prepare ahead of a refinance by a GP partnership can drastically reduce the timescales and stress. David Naughten explains how to best prepare for the legal process
Winter 2019/2020 edition of Hempsons' Dental Newsbrief.
Securing the right lease for your dental practice: key considerations when taking on leasehold premises
The premises out of which a dental practice is run are one of the most important elements of a dental practice sale/purchase. It is important that time and care is taken to ensure that the terms on which the practice occupies the premises are appropriate for the continued requirements of the business.
Hempsons’ Newcastle office receives a major boost through the appointment of commercial property expert, David Naughten
David Naughten brings a wealth of experience to our commercial property team in the north.