- corporate, commercial
- 01423 724007
Carol joined Hempsons as a trainee solicitor in 2005, qualifying in the corporate commercial team in 2007. Carol advises NHS bodies and other public sector organisations on a wide range of commercial and constitutional law matters. Carol has just come to the end of a period of secondment at the Department of Health Social Enterprise Unit. Carol advises on contract negotiations and contract drafting and on compliance with procurement law duties.
Main areas of expertise
- foundation trust constitutional issues
- grant funding
- European Public Procurement Law
- social enterprise
- drafting amendments to Monitor Model Core Foundation Trust Constitution
- responding to queries from NHS Improvement during application process
- appointment of governors
- advising on scope of foundation trust membership
- dealing with constitutional queries including the practical application of the NHS Foundation Trust Code of Governance
The Health Care Services (Provider Selection Regime) Regulations 2023 (“PSR Regulations”) will come into force on 1 January 2024. “Relevant Authorities” (which includes ICBs and NHS Trusts/Foundation Trusts, NHS England, local and combined authorities) need to take steps to prepare for the regime for procuring relevant health care services in England.
With the saying of a little bit of Norman French (“La Reyne le vault”) by the Clerk of the Parliaments in the House of Lords, Royal Assent to the Health and Care Bill was given on 28 April 2022.
Hempsons and NHS Providers launch guide covering the legal liabilities that are likely to arise due to the pandemic.