- Company, Commercial
- 0191 230 6079
Alison is a partner in the corporate team focusing mainly on the GP and dental sectors. She joined Hempsons in January 2019. She is based in Newcastle, but works with clients across the country together with GP and dental specialists in our other offices.
Alison helps GP and dental practices and multi-practice healthcare organisations, including GP federations, find practical legal solutions to the unique and complex challenges that they face. Clients value the close personal attention that she gives to each piece of work as well as her in-depth knowledge of the GP and dental sectors.
Alison has particular expertise in partnership and company law, NHS primary care and community services contracts and regulations, healthcare joint ventures, organisational governance, dispute resolution and practice sales, mergers and acquisitions.
Main areas of expertise
- preparing partnership deeds, shareholders’ agreements and expense sharing agreements
- incorporating and re-structuring practices and multi-practice organisations (such as federations)
- handling GP and dental practice disposals, acquisitions and mergers
- advising on business and joint venture structures
- advising on succession arrangements and NHS pension 24-hour retirement
- advising on resolution of internal and external disputes prior to litigation
The clients Alison works with
- multi-practice organisations, such as GP federations
- dental bodies corporate
- corporate providers of primary medical services and NHS community services
- private healthcare providers
- NHS trusts and foundation trusts embarking on primary care
- joint ventures between healthcare organisations
- Legal Practice Course (2005)
- Postgraduate diploma in law (2002)
- BA (Hons) Social Administration (1988)
- The Law Society