- Company, Commercial
- 0191 230 6079
What Alison can do for you
Alison is a partner in the corporate team focusing mainly on the GP and dental sectors. She joined Hempsons in January 2019. She is based in Newcastle, but works with clients across the country together with GP and dental specialists in our other offices.
Alison helps GP and dental practices and multi-practice healthcare organisations, including GP federations and primary care networks, find practical legal solutions to the unique and complex challenges that they face. Clients value the close personal attention that she gives to each piece of work as well as her in-depth knowledge of the GP and dental sectors.
Alison has particular expertise in partnership and company law, NHS primary care contracts and regulations, healthcare joint ventures, organisational governance, partnership disputes and practice sales, mergers and acquisitions.
Main areas of expertise
- preparing partnership deeds, shareholders’ agreements and expense sharing agreements
- incorporating and re-structuring practices and multi-practice organisations (such as federations) – advising on primary care network structures and agreements
- handling GP and dental practice disposals, acquisitions and mergers
- advising on business and joint venture structures
- advising on succession arrangements and NHS pension 24-hour retirement
- advising on resolution of disputes prior to litigation
The clients Alison works with
- multi-practice organisations, such as GP federations and primary care networks
- dental bodies corporate
- corporate providers of primary medical services and NHS community services
- private healthcare providers
- joint ventures between healthcare organisations
- Legal Practice Course with distinction (2005)
- Postgraduate diploma in law with distinction (2002)
- BA (Hons) Social Administration (1988)
- The Law Society
Can we cancel booked annual leave? Can we make staff carry forward annual leave into the next leave year? Can we force staff to take holiday?
We can help you with legal issues impacting your practice as a result of Covid-19 or the practice generally. Click here for details.
At the special conference of LMCs on 11th March an overwhelming majority (3 to 2) voted in favour of resolutions. Could this be the end of PCNs?
The BMA and NHS England have released an update of the GP Contract for 2020/21 – 2023/24. Read more here.
NHSE hosted a Twitter chat yesterday on PCN workforce. Much of the focus was around recruitment issues, but accountability for and by PCN is crucial.
PCN Specifications have been published and will be discussed today on twitter. The Outline Service Specifications for the Network Contract can be found here.
Winter 2019/2020 edition of Hempsons' Dental Newsbrief.
The Court of Appeal recently considered a case which is of interest to all NHS primary care contractors, and particularly those who provide services under pilot contracts or other temporary contracts which are ancillary to their core NHS contracts, as well as being of general interest from a contract law perspective.
With all of the work you are doing at the moment in relation to primary care networks and other forms of collaboration, it is easy to forget, or put to one side, your own internal practice arrangements.
We are delighted to announce that Hempsons has been shortlisted for its Partnership work in the Legal 500 Awards 2020.