Revised Network Contract DES – key date 31 August – Workforce
The network contract DES for 2020/21 contains various key dates of which practices, PCNs and commissioners need to be aware. Key dates for 2020 are summarised in PDF HERE and upcoming dates are listed below.
By 31 August 2020
- PCNs must submit a workforce plan providing details of additional roles recruitment plans for 2020/2021.
By 30 September 2020
- PCNs must include details of their arrangements with local community service provisions in Schedule 7 of their network agreement.
- Commissioners share estimated unclaimed additional roles funding with relevant PCNs and relevant PCNs and agree estimates with relevant PCNs.
- PCNs work with community service providers and other relevant partner to establish and coordinate a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) to deliver enhanced health in care homes and establish arrangement for the MDT to enable the development of personalised care and support plans for people in PCN aligned care homes.
By 1 October 2020
- NHSE and NHSI to publish details of additional funding, criteria for such funding and details of how to claim, to be agreed with BMA’s GPCE.
From 1 October 2020
- Structured medical review specification applies.
- PCNs to start weekly “home rounds” in PCN aligned care homes and develop and refresh personalised care plans for residents.
- PCNs must review referral practice for suspected cancers, contribute to improving national cancer screening programme uptake and establish a “community of practice” to support early cancer diagnosis.
By 31 October 2020
- PCNs submit indicative intentions for additional roles through to 2023/2024.
If you would like to find out more about the Network Contract DES and how we can assist your practice generally, please contact our specialist team.