Have you got your Primary Care Network Agreement ready?
The GP primary care team at Hempsons have been considering The Mandatory Network Agreement recently published by NHS England. It contains little detail, leaving much to be elaborated in the schedules.
Some questions you will need to consider include:
- Who are you contracting with for this journey? (Remember a partnership practice is not a legal entity).
- Who are you trusting to receive the DES payments on your behalf?
- How will you ensure all the practices in your Network perform to a consistent standard?
- How will you work with other organisations in your Network to integrate care?
- How are you going to manage shared staff across the Network?
- Have you considered pensions and VAT implications?
- What happens if practices want to go their separate ways?
Who is helping you to find the right path?
If you would like to find out more about this and how we can assist Networks generally, please contact our specialist team. We have also developed a training programme on this, and other topical themes, which we would be happy to discuss with you.