The advice line offers 15 minutes of free advice to social care providers during office hours by calling 01423 724056. The line has already taken calls on a wide range of subjects and offered advice to providers as to whether more detailed legal support was required in any particular situation.
Recent calls have covered:
- An ex-employee sending abusive emails and texts to their former employer and attempting to contact a service user and their family to destabilise service provision – a firm letter from solicitors was sufficient to halt their actions
- A poor CQC report whereby an inspector had failed to visit service users of a supported living service and
therefore not carried out an adequate inspection – we have challenged both the draft CQC report as being inaccurate and misleading, and launched a complaint, leading to a CQC investigation of the inspector’s conduct and inspection
- Advice on opposing the proposed immediate closure of a care home that led to CQC withdrawing their notice
- HR advice on corporate restructuring and managing potential redundancies
- HR advice on whether a charity could differentiate between bank staff and permanent staff in paying out occupational sick pay
- Procurement advice on challenging the loss of a Local Authority contract
- Acting for a private equity backed business building up a portfolio of care homes across the UK. Advising on CQC compliance, corporate structuring, premises acquisitions and TUPE.
The team is well equipped to provide advice and support on any issue that your service might face so do feel free to give us a call.
Continue reading other articles: Charities and social enterprise update; IT is no longer a luxury; Material variations; What not to wear; How to have your cake and eat it; New requirement to hold and maintain a PSC register; New strategic partnership with ACEVO