- Charities & Social Enterprise
- 020 7484 7573
Nadeem specialises in advising charities and social enterprises, focusing on their governance and commercial activities.
He has worked with the full range of charities including Independent schools, Royal Colleges, research associations, housing providers, theatre companies and faith-based organisations.
He advises the broader social sector, from campaign bodies to employee led organisations, and in particular, on collaborative projects delivering health and social care.
His experience of advising private and corporate clients brings a commercial edge to working with not for profit organisations.
Recent work includes:
- Merging three volunteer centres in Kent, and merging two others in Harrogate.
- Advising a local authority service on a potential staff led ‘spin out’.
- Developing a social enterprise for a GP transformation project in East London.
- Advising six regional YMCA centres on financing a new collaboration.
He has been a trustee for the national maritime charity, Seafarers UK, as well as for grant making charities and theatre start-ups.
Main areas of expertise
- Charities and Social Enterprise
- Company/ Commercial
Clients he works with
- Royal Colleges, Academic and Research Bodies
- NHS Charities
- Not-for profit Health and Social Care providers
- Charity and Social Enterprise start-ups
- Grant-making charities
- Campaign groups and specialist societies
We are part of the Go Mutual consortium that has successfully secured funding from DCMS to create and support mutuals. Mutuals cover organisations providing public services (which would include GP Practices holding GMS or PMS contracts) which are considering a new structure which has some element of staff- led representation, governance or ownership.
Welcome to our autumn/winter 2018 edition of Hempsons’ Charities and Social Enterprise Newsbrief.
Organisations seeking funding are required to submit an expression of interest to DCMS by 21st February 2019
“Trust Matters”. These are the bywords of the Charity Commission for its recent report on public trust in charities, issued in July.
“Trust Matters”. These are the bywords of the Charity Commission for its recent report on public trust in charities, issued in July 2018.