Selling or buying a dental practice?
Talk to us…
At Hempsons, we have a dedicated national team which provides expert advice on the sale and purchase of dental practices.
Our expertise in the GDS and PDS Regulations, the Dentists Act and other relevant healthcare legislation, together with our corporate law expertise, will ensure that your sale or purchase is structured in a robust manner.
Regardless of whether you are selling or buying, we will work with you every step of the way, protecting your interests and completing the transaction in a cost effective and timely way.
Amongst other things, we can help you to navigate the following key issues:
- NHS contract – how will the NHS contract be transferred from seller to buyer? This is a particularly difficult issue when it comes to PDS Contracts.
- CQC – both buyer and seller need to complete a number of CQC forms to change the CQC registration at the practice. It can often take 10-12 weeks for this process to complete. We can draft and submit your CQC forms for you.
- Employees – we can advise you on your TUPE obligations.
- Premises – we can advise you on the sale / purchase of practice premises as well as putting leases into place and dealing with the assignment of existing leases.
- Bank funding – as a buyer, if you are seeking funding from a bank we can advise you on the bank’s lending and security process and documents.
Continue reading other articles:
Introduction to Hempsons’ Dental Newsletter; 24 hour NHS retirement – piece of cake, right?; Is your dental practice ready for GDPR; Leasing premises – do you know what you’re letting yourself in for?; The delicate balance – ill heath dismissals.