- 0191 230 6053
Stephanie is an Associate within the firm’s Corporate and Commercial team, specialising in commercial dispute resolution.
Stephanie trained with the London office of the leading litigation firm Herbert Smith (now Herbert Smith Freehills), qualifying in September 2012. Upon qualification, she acted as judicial assistant for Lord Justice Mummery in the Court of Appeal where she gained experience in a broad range of civil appeal.
Stephanie joined London firm Macfarlanes in 2015 where she acted for individuals and corporates across a range of sectors on a wide range of disputes, including shareholder disputes, claims for breach of fiduciary duty against directors and senior employees and fraudulent misrepresentation. She also has expertise in high-value employment law and commercial disputes, with a focus on acting for employers, and has advised clients in a number of successful mediations.
Stephanie’s wide-ranging disputes practice includes finance transactions, fraud, employment, real estate, tax, defamation and professional negligence issues.
Main areas of expertise
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Commercial contracts
- Defamation and malicious falsehood claims
- Professional negligence
- Employment and real estate disputes
The clients she works with
- NHS trusts
- Clinical commissioning groups
- Private and third sector healthcare providers
- Social care organisations
- Legal Practice Course, BPP London (2010)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP London (2009)
- History, BA (Hons.) and MA, University of Durham (2007)