- Healthcare Litigation
- 0161 234 2418
What Martyn can do for you
Martyn joined Hempsons in 2016 and currently works within the healthcare litigation department, predominantly acting on behalf of NHS Resolution and hospital trusts, as well as GPs, private individuals and their medical defence organisation.
He is a qualified solicitor with over 15 years’ post qualification experience, having worked previously at two leading national claimant firms. He has acted routinely for claimants in high quantum, evidentially complex claims and this places him in a good position to appreciate and understand the views and expectations of all parties in the litigation process.
He has several years’ experience of acting in claims involving the Ministry of Defence relating to medical treatment provided to military service personnel by the army, navy or the RAF medical services.
Martyn has particular experience and understanding of fatal claims and attending inquest.
He has also arranged and held training seminars for Trusts and clinicians on procedural aspects of the litigation process, inquests and healthcare complaints.
Main areas of expertise
- Clinical Negligence Claims
- Vascular injury and amputations
- Spinal and neurological injury including cauda equina syndrome
- Delayed or missed diagnoses and treatment of various cancers
- Fatal claims and inquests
The clients he works with
- NHS Resolution
- NHS trusts
- Private individuals
- Medical Defence Organisations
- The College of Law, Chester. Legal Practice Course (Distinction) – 2003
- University of Liverpool. Honours Law Degree – 2002