Should you incorporate your GP practice?
Many practices are considering incorporating, whether for tax reasons or to limit the personal liability of partners. When you look at it in detail, the decision is not always obvious. There are a number of factors which need to be taken into consideration – not only for today, but in planning for the future of your general practice.
In this free workshop Justin Cumberlege (a partner in Hempsons’ specialist GP team) and James Gransby (Healthcare partner at RSM UK, Chartered Accountants) will explore the legal and financial implications of incorporating your GP practice, and will cover the following topics:
- Drivers for incorporation
- Overview of the features of a limited company as compared to a general partnership or sole practitioner
- NHS policy and procedures for novation of primary care contracts into a company
- Transfer of assets and staff into the company
- NHS pensions
- Premises considerations
- CQC and other regulatory requirements
- Tax and financial considerations
The session will be followed by a live Q&A.
This will be facilitated by Microsoft Teams.
Once you have registered, we will send you details of how to join the event.
This webinar is part of Hempsons’ GP webinar programme. If you would like to book onto any of our other upcoming GP webinars please click here.
Please email our events team if you have any questions about this webinar, or have problems with the booking process.
When and where?
|Webinar||5th August 2021||1pm-2pm|
- Practitioners, Commercial
- 020 7484 7575