Following a successful mediation pilot run by the then NHSLA and CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution), NHS Resolution launched a permanent mediation scheme as a further way of resolving clinical claims, whether before or after issue of court proceedings.
Please join NHS Resolution, CEDR and Hempsons at this free seminar on 18 June in Newcastle where experienced CEDR panel mediators will share their experiences of the scheme, a year on, and lessons that can be learned for those involved in the defence of clinical claims.
- A year on, has the scheme actually worked?
- How do clinical claims mediations actually work?
- Are there clinical claims which are unsuitable for mediation?
- What can mediation deliver for NHS staff, claimants and their families?
- Who should attend mediations?
- How can clinical and management staff best prepare for and participate in mediations?
- How early can mediations effectively be set up?
Through a practical workshop based on a case study, delegates will experience how it feels to be involved in a mediation and will learn skills to ensure that, if involved in a mediation, they will be well prepared.
12.30 – registration and lunch
13.00 – seminar starts with introduction from Jeanette Beer, Safety and Learning Lead – North England, NHS Resolution
13.20 – CEDR presentation
13.35 – case study / interactive session – with Q&A
15.15 – end
This seminar will be of interest to:
- NHS Trust legal and complaints managers
- Clinical directors and risk managers
- Clinicians with an interest in better and earlier resolution of clinical problems
- Panel firm lawyers and barristers practising in the field
- Full-time and Deputy District Judges and Judges dealing with clinical negligence case management
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Hempsons’ Events Team.
When and where?
|Newcastle||18th June 2019||12.30 - 15.15|
12.30 - registration and lunch
13.00 - seminar starts with introduction from Jeanette Beer, Safety and Learning Lead - North England, NHS Resolution
13.20 - CEDR presentation
13.35 - case study / interactive session – with Q&A
15.15 - end
- Clinical negligence
- 0191 230 6045