A talk by Elizabeth Thomas and Dr Steven Kemp, Neuropsychologist, with written advice from Jeremy Hyam QC
Elizabeth will highlight some key events that allowed a recent case to settle at just 1% of a £3.5m Schedule of Loss.
You will hear how an analysis of the medical literature led to an early but fundamental decision to change experts.
Dr Kemp will talk us through effort/symptom validation testing. He will discuss how the tests provided evidence that an otherwise plausible Claimant was consciously exaggerating their symptoms. Dr Kemp will also discuss reasons for test failure other than insufficient effort or exaggeration – such as mental health disorders or severe brain injury.
Finally, Elizabeth and Jeremy will discuss Part 36 and tactically what to do when receiving a counter offer that is only a fraction more than a much earlier offer.
We do hope you can join us, the case throws up a number of key legal and tactical considerations that are relevant to many clinical claims.
This talk will be of interest to:
- NHS Trust legal and claims teams
- Clinical directors and Clinicians with an interest in better and earlier resolution of clinical problems
- Those dealing with general practice legal claims and complaints
- Quality and Risk leaders, risk managers and incident investigators.
If you have any questions regarding this training event, please contact our events team.
When and where?
|London||17th September 2019||17.00 - 19.00pm|
19.00pm End (followed by a networking drinks reception)
- Healthcare Litigation, Healthcare Advisory
- 020 7484 7637