We advised the NSPCC on its merger with ChildLine
We worked closely alongside our client, the NSPCC, in advising on the transfer of the ChildLine charity to the NSPCC. Our involvement included:
- working with the NSPCC’s Directors, Company Secretary and legal department in the initial structuring of the deal
- the task of carrying out due diligence was shared between the NSPCC and us; in particular we provided a report on restricted funds of ChildLine
- we negotiated the merger agreement with ChildLine’s advisors whereby ChildLine became wholly owned by the NSPCC
- we prepared and completed the transfer deed whereby various of ChildLine’s activities and assets were transferred to the NSPCC
- we advised on the preservation of future legacies and donations
- we prepared new Articles of Association of ChildLine to enable it to continue as a charity with a more streamlined structure.