We have an increasing reputation for providing outstanding legal advice together with creative, practical and cost-effective solutions to private, public and third sector health and social care organisations on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious health and safety law.
Key Services and Issues
Health and safety legal advice
- Reviewing policies, procedures and other documents for compliance
- Advising on health and safety clauses in standard form documents (e.g. contracts) and preparation of documents for clients
- Advising on disputed health and safety duties (including Responsible Person duties under fire safety law).
Assisting healthcare organisations to
- Undertake accident and incident reviews
- Identify root-causes and draft accident reports
- Consider issues of potential civil and criminal liability
- Manage the post-incident recovery phase
- Provide practical training to staff in health and safety law.
- Provide 24/7 telephone advice
- Accompany clients at police and Health and Safety Executive (HSE) interviews
- Liaise with the police and enforcing authorities
- Advise and represent the client at Memorandum of Understanding and other multi-agency meetings
- Representation at Inquests and in any court proceedings.
- Carry out a compliance review of a client’s health and safety management system
- Advise and represent a client organisation throughout police, HSE and Coronial investigations into a fatal work-related incident
- Preparation and advocacy at Inquests in which health and safety issues arise.