Hempsons have decades of experience of advising on information law issues as a result of our background in healthcare law. We have advised the Department of Health and other NHS organisations as well as charities and other private sector organisations on issues arising from the Data Protection Act (DPA) and Freedom of Information Act (FoIA).
We work with public and private sector organisations on matters of information governance, ranging from data subject access requests through to the technical application of the ‘Regulations on the Re-use of Public Sector Information’ (RPSI). Our information lawyers work closely with our other specialist teams, ensuring that advice is given with the benefit of practical experience.
Key Services and Issues
- Information governance
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Information security
- Public interest disclosures
- Representing the practitioner in the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Trust case (FS50086131), a significant decision regarding investigation reports.
- Advising clients on how to manage data security breaches.
- Advising clients on requests seeking information in order to mount a procurement challenges.