- Harrogate, Newcastle
- Projects, Construction, Commercial
- Harrogate/01423 724001 Newcastle/0191 230 0669
Highly experienced team of projects lawyers
We advise acute trusts on operational PFI projects including their variation and on deeds of safeguard and other ancillary documentation on becoming foundation trusts.
We advise on numerous PPP schemes every year, acting for acute and mental health trusts. Our projects lawyers are familiar with NHS standard form documentation for projects but we also draft bespoke solutions for schemes that do not “fit the box”.
Our projects lawyers are equally familiar with other quasi-PPP structures, such as nominations agreements for residential accommodation schemes and third party developer lease schemes.
- Reporting to an NHS body on the risks of taking a transfer of a PFI project from a local FT.
- Lancashire Care PFI: Advising an NHS Trust on negotiating the deed of safeguard for transition to FT status.
CMR Scanner Project
- CMR Scanner Project: Advising a FT on a long-term agreement with a private provider to deliver a CMR scanner in order to provide services to NHS patients and private patients.
Staff accommodation projects
- Acting on several schemes for the re-provision of staff accommodation whereby housing stock formerly within the ownership of Trusts is transferred into the ownership of housing associations which then refurbish and manage the facilities going forward and making them available for Trust nominated staff.
PET scanner project
- Advising an NHS Trust on its PPP procurement of the first non-private integrated PET scanner service and radio-pharmaceutical production facility outside of London.
Renal services project
- Advising an FT on the PPP for a new DBFO renal services unit.
- Assisting three NHS Trusts in relation to different aspects of CHP schemes including the procurement of clinical waste incineration services on site and the utilisation of heat generated via a CHP scheme; variations of a PFI contract for a CHP facility; and resolving a performance and payment dispute with its CHP provider.
Case studiesView all
Bidding support to become Strategic Estates Partner for Cheshire & Wirral Partnerships NHS Foundation Trust and formation of Villicare LLP.View Case study