- Real Estate, Environment and Sustainability
- 0161 234 2468
Combined heat and power, waste to energy and energy issues
Our team brings to Hempsons their direct experience of working as in-house lawyers on major energy projects in the electricity and the waste industries. Thus dealing extensively with CHP, waste and energy issues. We will deliver commercially aware practical legal advice throughout all the key stages of the development of the project.
Key services and issues
- Project development agreements
- Engineering contracts
- Power connection agreements
- Power sales agreements
- Dealing with CHP, waste and energy issues
- Operation and maintenance agreements
- Advising three NHS Trusts in relation to different aspects of combined heat and power (CHP) schemes, including the utilisation of heat generated via a CHP scheme; variations of a PFI contract to include a CHP plant; and resolving a performance and payment dispute with a CHP provider.
- Advising an NHS body on its power connection agreement with its local electricity distribution company.
- Numerous projects whilst acting as in-house lawyers, including:
- advising on the development of CHP and Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) projects ranging in value from £1 million to £200 million, including the ancillary power connection agreements and operation and maintenance agreements for high profile FTSE 250 clients in numerous commercial and industrial sectors, including the food, manufacturing, motor, and pharmaceutical sectors; and
- advising on the development of waste to energy projects, including ancillary power connection agreements, operations and maintenance agreements and contracts for the trading of renewables obligations totalling up to £30 million in value.