- Healthcare Litigation
- 0161 234 2418
Martyn joined Hempsons in 2016 and currently works within the healthcare litigation department, predominantly acting on behalf of the NHSR and hospital trusts.
He is a qualified solicitor with over 10 years’ post qualification experience, having worked previously at a leading national claimant firm. He acted routinely for claimants in high quantum, evidentially complex claims and this places him in a good position to appreciate and understand the views and expectations of all parties in the litigation process.
He has several years’ experience of acting in claims involving the Ministry of Defence (re: treatment provided to service personnel by the army, navy or the RAF medical services) as well as surgeons acting privately under contract and civilian GPs and hospital trusts.
Martyn has particular experience and understanding of psychiatric injury, fatal claims and attending inquest.
Main areas of expertise
- Psychiatric injury, specifically delayed diagnosis and treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Fatal claims, including inquest attendance.
- Delayed diagnosis and/or treatment of musculo-skeletal and orthopaedic injuries.
- Delayed diagnosis of cardio-vascular, vascular conditions (including mismanagement of cold and heat injuries).
The clients he works with
- NHS Resolution
- NHS trusts
- Qualified as a solicitor – 2005
- The College of Law, Chester. Legal Practice Course (Distinction) – 2003
- University of Liverpool. Honours Law Degree – 2002
- The Law Society